– You get a new skeleton every 10 years. Bone cells are constantly renewed and a new skeleton is ready every 10 years.
– Despite their menacing appearance and fierce name, dragonflies cannot sting and are harmless to human beings.
– A gun with a silencer attached sounds about as loud as a car door being slammed. It’s much quieter than the usual “bang!” but it’s not as subtle as the little “whoosh” heard in James Bond films.
– The original name for the starship in Star Trek was “Yorktown” not “Enterprise”.
– Only a few species of piranha are carnivorous; most eat plant matter.
– A giraffe has the same number of neck vertebrae as a human (7).
– The arcade game Space Invaders was so popular in Japan that it actually created a coin shortage for a while.